Should You Get An AC Repair Or Upgrade For Your Home? | Irving, TX
Photo By Evgeniy_D at Shutterstock
Imagine when you keep calling a technician in Irving, TX for AC repairs — you might spend a fortune. You may be able to save money when you get an upgrade instead. Find out the reasons to get an upgrade, signs you need repairs, and what you can do to cool your home in the summer.
Signs you need an upgrade:
Higher Energy Bills
When the AC is no longer that efficient, it will work harder to give you the same comfort level as before. As a result, it uses more energy, and you get higher bills every month. To help you save money, consider getting an AC upgrade instead. Contact a technician to help you select an energy-efficient air conditioner.
You may also need an AC repair in Irving, TX when your AC won’t work as it used to. Remember that the cost for calling repairs constantly can add up — you can save money by getting an upgrade instead. Speak with a licensed technician to help you install a new AC replacement. As much as possible, avoid installing it yourself or call an unqualified person to do the installation. Otherwise, you risk the efficiency of your unit and may need to call a technician for another repair. The worst that can happen is you void the warranty of your new AC unit. To avoid other issues down the road, always hire a licensed technician.
AC Is Over 10 or 15 Years Old
Air conditioners don’t last forever. While some models last longer, you might want to think about getting an AC upgrade if your unit is too old. There are better models in the market today, and some are designed to use less energy to help you save money on utility bills every month. Speak with one of our technicians to help you make an informed decision on what air conditioner to get for your home. To avoid needing an AC repair ensure that you only hire a licensed and certified technician after installation. Don’t forget to call One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating.
Your Unit Is Outdated
If you still have an outdated AC unit installed on your home, then consider getting an upgrade. Choose an energy-efficient air conditioner as it offers more benefits to the homeowners and lessens AC repair. You may speak with one of our technicians if you can’t decide what to get for your home or need more information about the different types of AC, brands, and what to install.
You Don’t Get Enough Cooled Air
One of the biggest signs you need to upgrade your air conditioner is when your home is no longer that cold. It can be very uncomfortable when you set the same temperature every day, and it’s no longer comfortable. If you don’t do something about your AC, chances are it will only work harder to give you the same level of comfort. In some cases, you may have to call a technician for an AC repair.
Getting an upgrade can make you more comfortable during summer, so speak with one of our technicians so we can discuss the benefits of investing in split-type AC for your system and one that is also more energy-efficient so you can save money every month on your utility bills.
Signs You Need an AC Repair
Calling a technician to help you fix your AC is one of the signs that you really need a replacement. Below are the signs that you need repairs.
Blowing Warm Air
Your air conditioner is supposed to give you cooled air and not warm air. If you’ve noticed that it no longer cools the air, then that’s one of the signs that you need to call a technician for an AC repair. A reliable technician can inspect your system thoroughly and recommend the best solution. He may either ask you to get a replacement or pay for repairs instead. If the problem is really serious, he may ask you to upgrade your AC so you can save money in the long run.
Do you hear grinding or scraping sounds coming from your AC unit? Then consider calling a technician for an AC repair. After thoroughly inspecting your AC, they can provide you with the proper diagnosis and the best solution. It would either be repaired or get an upgrade or replacement. As much as possible, follow a technician’s recommendation as they only want you to maximize the benefit of getting a repair or replacement. Should you decide to buy a new one, make sure that you also work with them to ensure the proper installation of your unit.
If there is water at the bottom of your air conditioner, you need to call a technician right away so they can help you fix it. There might be a refrigerant leak, and only a qualified technician can help you resolve that.
Strange Odors From Your Unit
Your air conditioner isn’t supposed to give out strange or unpleasant odors. When you smell something strange coming from your air conditioner, you need to call a technician immediately. A musty smell could indicate that there is mold inside the ductwork or the unit itself. It’s best to get professional help so they can give you a proper diagnosis and also help you resolve the problem. A technician may tell you to either get an upgrade or an AC repair.
You most likely will encounter a problem with your AC if it’s already old as it won’t be that efficient anymore. When you keep calling a technician for an AC repair, it’s better to get an upgrade instead. True, you may need a bigger investment to buy a new AC unit, but thinking about the time, money, and stress you get with AC issues, it’s better to get the replacement instead. You will have peace of mind knowing that your AC won’t shut down when it’s super hot.
Keeping Your AC Unit in Top Shape
Do you want to avoid an AC upgrade or AC repair in Irving, TX? Then make sure that you properly maintain your AC unit. Below are the things you need to do to maintain your system and avoid costly AC repairs down the road.
Replace the Filter
If you have the regular filters for your unit, you need to replace that every two or three months. For disposable filters, you need to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for properly cleaning your filters. Ensure they have fully dried before reinstalling them to your unit. Other filters will only need to be replaced once a year. Check with your manufacturer or one of our technicians if you’re unsure what to do with yours.
It’s important to change the filters to avoid dirt or dust build up in them. When you don’t clean them, chances are they may pollute the indoor air. It will be useless to have the air conditioner and not clean the filter as it won’t improve the indoor air quality of your home. Clean your filters regularly to avoid problems and to also extend the lifespan of your air conditioner.
Get Regular Inspection
Apart from regularly replacing the filters and regularly cleaning the components of your AC, it’s best to also call a technician and schedule regular maintenance or AC tune-up to ensure that your unit is always efficient. Do this at least once a year, preferably about a month before summer vacation, so that you can use it the entire summer. For scheduling regular inspections, ensure that you only hire licensed and certified technicians. Contact One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating of Dallas as we have highly skilled technicians who can help.
Never Ignore Minor Problems
To avoid costly AC repairs ensure that you always act immediately even if you think the problem is really minor. Most of the time, emergencies occur because the homeowner failed to address minor problems. If you’re having problems with the AC and you can’t fix it, consider calling a technician for help. Skilled technicians are equipped with the right tools and equipment to help them resolve any AC issue promptly. One Hour Air Conditioning Heating and Air is always here to help. Call us, and we’ll do our best to assist you in any way. Remember that we also offer emergency services. You can call us anytime!
How to Stay Cool in the Summer
If you don’t want to upgrade an AC, consider using these tips to keep your home cooler in the summer. For AC repairs in Irving, TX, call One Hour Air Conditioning and Heating in Dallas. All of our technicians are highly experienced and can get the job done, especially for AC repair.
- One of the things you can do is not run electronic devices before bedtime. If you don’t unplug them, electronic devices can generate heat and will only keep your home warmer. With them unplugged, it doesn’t only help cool your home, but it can also somehow help you get lower energy bills every month.
Try to also avoid using the oven as it will only make your home even hotter. Why not grill your food outside so you can also save energy. For AC repairs, don’t hesitate to contact a technician.
- If you live in a 2-story home, we recommend that you don’t stay on the 2nd floor as heat rises. When the heat is really unbearable, consider converting one of your rooms downstairs to a bedroom, and you can stay there during the summer. If you already have an AC, just use it from time to time so you won’t have to pay higher energy bills every month.
- Consider buying a portable air conditioner for your home if you don’t want to upgrade an AC. Newer models are quite effective at cooling your home. The only downside is some of the units may use up more energy, so you still end up paying more every month. Getting an AC upgrade may be more expensive than buying a portable AC, but when you add up the AC repairs, you can actually save money in the long run. For installation, though, ensure that you only hire a licensed technician to avoid other issues down the road. An unqualified person may not be able to properly install your unit. As a result, your AC won’t be that efficient, or you’ll have to call for an AC repair in Irving, TX.
- Do you want to cool your home? Try turning off your lights. Light bulbs can actually give off heat and won’t help cool your home. As much as possible, take advantage of natural light and try to light your room with minimal lights.
- You need to say goodbye to your thick duvet during summer, or it may not help you sleep comfortably. Instead, always go for cotton sheets and even for your clothes. You can really sleep better and even faster with cotton PJs. Also, avoid wearing dark colors during summer, especially black, as that color absorbs more heat. Buy pastel-colored clothes and sheets to stay cooler in the summer.
- Do you have a bigger freezer at home? Why don’t you place them in a big plastic bag first and then keep them in the freezer afterward? It’s one of the most effective tips to have cooler beddings on a summer night. You can even freeze your socks, too, if you really want to stay cooler in the summer.
Contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas
If you need AC repair in Irving, TX, don’t hesitate to call one of our technicians. We guarantee to help you resolve the problem promptly. We’ll also make sure that you won’t encounter the same problem in the future. Call us today for an appointment.