The air conditioning unit in your home will only last for ten to fifteen years. Once your air conditioner has decreased at the end of its lifespan then it will start to cause more problems than normal. This might be the first time that you are having an air conditioning system installed in your Dallas, TX home. Your air conditioner might have sustained significant damage and has stopped working. Whatever the case might be, you will be in need of air conditioner installation services. It is best to hire a professional to conduct the AC installation. This way you can be sure that your air conditioner will be installed correctly and there will be no problems that could damage the brand new air conditioner. One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas would like to tell you everything there is to know about air conditioner installations so that you are not overwhelmed by the whole process. First, some reasons why you should hire a professional will be discussed, and then which steps you should follow during the AC installation process. Here is everything you need to know about air conditioner installation.
Why You Should Hire a Professional for AC Installation
It is best to hire an air conditioning technician to conduct the air conditioner installation. The air conditioner is complicated, heavy, and expensive. You would want people with adequate knowledge and experience installing your air conditioner for the following reasons:
- Warranty – The warranty protects you from having to replace your air conditioner for a period after it has been installed. IF there is a problem with your air conditioner and it is due to a manufacturing fault then the manufacturer will not ask you to pay for the replacement. They will do it for you. The warranty has conditions and one of the most common conditions is that the air conditioner installation, repairs, and maintenance have to be conducted by a licensed AC technician. If you attempt to repair the air conditioning system then you could violate the warranty and you could have to pay for the air conditioner to be replaced.
- Proper Installation – If this is the first time that your air has an air conditioner installed then you should definitely fire a professional like One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas. The technicians have to install various components like the air conditioner unit, compressor, and ducts. These things need to be placed in certain places so that they are most efficient and then need to be able to work together to reduce the heat and moisture from your indoor temperature. If the installation is not done properly then you would have frequent repairs and these would start to cost you a lot.
- Professional advice – One of the other main reasons why you should hire a professional to conduct air conditioner installations is because they will be able to help you determine which air conditioning system you should choose. They will also help you determine the size and placement of various components that need to be installed as well. They will also be able to plan out the whole process so that you don’t have to do it. This way you can be sure that you are getting the right information so you can make the best decision about your air conditioning system.
- Safety – It is much safer for you, your family, and your home to have a professional install your air conditioner. The AC technicians will know which safety measures to follow in order to decrease the likelihood of injury or damage. They will also have the right safety gear to protect them from any hazards they might experience.
- Peace of mind – The other reason why it would be better to hire a licensed professional to conduct air conditioner installation is that they will do it properly and you will not have to do anything except let them into your property and check that the air conditioner has been installed to your satisfaction.
Things to Do Before Hiring Air Conditioner Installation Services.
Know Your AC Needs
Before you hire a licensed professional to carry out air conditioner installation, you need to know which air conditioning system you want. You should also know to consider how your existing air conditioner is handling the capacity of your current demands. If your conditioner is currently struggling then it might be time to move to a bigger size. You can also listen to professional advice from an AC technician. They will be able to evaluate the size of your home, the existing system, and the placement of the different components. They will listen to what your budget is and then consider the different air conditioning units in the market. They will be able to help you make the best decision for yourself. If this is the first time that you are having an air conditioner installed then you should know what the different types of air conditioners are so that you can see which one would suit your home best.
Know the Types of Air Conditioners
Before you choose which brand or model of air conditioner unit you want, you should know about the different types of air conditioning systems. Here are five of the main types of air conditioning systems that you could have installed.
Central air conditioners
The first type of air conditioning system that will be looked at is the central air conditioner. This is quite a large system that has the capability to cool down the whole house. There is an outdoor unit which is known as the compressor that expels all the heat that has been absorbed by the evaporator coil. There are also blower fans within the home that will blow the cooled air into your home and remove the heated air. If your home has never had a central air conditioning system then you should prepare yourself for some construction because the ducts will have to be installed. These ducts act as the highway for the hot and cooled air to travel through.
The second type of air conditioning system that you could have installed is the mini-split system. This system is very similar to the abovementioned central air conditioning system but instead of having ducts, this system makes use of tubing. If you would like to avoid construction then this option would be better suited to you. Regardless if there is ductwork or not it is best to have a professional AC technician conduct air conditioner installation. The technicians still have to plan out where all the different components will go.
The third type of unit that you could choose to have installed is the window unit. This unit is installed in a window frame and then it uses the outdoor air to cool it down before it makes it into your Dallas, TX home. This is a great option if you only want to cool down one room. You could also have a portable one that you could move to different rooms that you could cool down. You should hire a professional AC technician to carry out air conditioner installation so that you can see how the unit is installed. This way when you want to move it, you can do it correctly without having leaks that could cause hot air to seep into your home.
The last type of air conditioning system that you could opt for is the portable unit. This unit is on wheels so that you can move it to different rooms. This is a small unit that has both the compressor and the evaporator coil in the same unit. There is also a drain pan that needs to be emptied after the air conditioner has been used. The is a tube or a pipe that needs to be placed in a window so that the air conditioner can expel the hot air. These units are great for when you want to cool down one or two rooms without going through the process of having the air conditioning system extended to the two rooms. You could ask a professional’s opinion on which system they would recommend and maybe they could provide you with a discount.
Know the Size
Another thing that you should be aware of before you have an air conditioner installed is how big your current system is versus how big the new system is. If this is the first time that you are having an air conditioner installation then it is best to consult a professional. They will be able to assess the size and layout of your home as well as your budget and the energy efficiency level you would like to have. They will also take into consideration whether you need to have ducts or tubing installed. Once you and your air conditioner service provider have worked together to determine which system you would need then you can go ahead and set up the installation date.
Things to Do During Air Conditioner Installation
Now that you have determined what type, size, and brand of air conditioner you want to have installed, you could set up the date of the installation. There are a few things that you could do to assist the AC technician that will be doing the air conditioner installation. You should make sure that the areas where the technicians will be working are clean and free from obstacles that might make working there harder. You should also move furniture out of the way and cover them with sheets to make sure that they do not get dirty or scuffed during the installation process. Finally, you should make sure that all pets and children are out of the way of the technicians. This way the technicians will not be distracted during the installation and they also are more likely to avoid damages to the system and the furniture.
Things to Do After Air Conditioner Installation
The final step in the air conditioner installation process is what happens after the air conditioner has been installed. The technician will show you the installation that they did and they will also show you how to set the thermostat. It is important to hire professionals like One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas to carry regular services of the air conditioner unit. This way you can increase the lifespan of your air conditioner and you will need less frequent repairs. You should also make sure that you replace the air filters when they get dirty and you make sure that the registers are kept clean. You could also regulate the humidity in your Dallas, TX home to make sure that mold and mildew do not grow inside of the ducts. If you suspect that your ducts are dirty then you should hire a service provider that can carry out duct cleaning services.
This is everything that you need to know about the process of air conditioner installation. Now that you know what to do from your side, it is best to hire a licensed professional so that you can be sure they know what they are doing when it comes to air conditioner installation. If you are looking for a company that could assist you with all different types of air conditioning services then have a look at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas. They will be able to assist you with air conditioner installations as well as all the other services that you might need after your air conditioner has been installed.
Call One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas for all your air conditioner-related needs.