An air conditioner much like all the other appliances in your home has a shelf life. Air conditioners can last a couple of years if they are maintained properly. The air conditioner could give out due to age or a lack of maintenance. If your air conditioner has stopped working and you are considering air conditioner installation then there are a few things you should know. One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas, TX would like to give you all the information that you might need during the process of air conditioner installation. Firstly, the reasons for hiring a professional instead of doing it yourself will be discussed. After that, the steps that you should follow will be discussed. After some tips will be mentioned about what you could do after and before the air conditioner installation.
Why You Should Hire a Professional for Air Conditioner Installation
Air conditioners are complicated systems that have quite a few components working together in order to take the hot air from your home and turn it into cool air. There are a few reasons why you should not attempt to install the air conditioner yourself by rather hiring a professional.
- Safety – If you hire a professional then they know which safety measures to implement to keep themselves as well as the components of your new air conditioner safe. They know how to use the tools safely without sustaining an injury. They will also know which procedures to follow if there is an accident and someone was injured. As a homeowner, you do not know which safety measures to follow and it will take you some time to gather all the information you need in order to successfully conduct air conditioner installation.
- Warranty – The warranty is a very important aspect of air conditioner installation. The warranty protects you from having to buy a new air conditioner if it is installed incorrectly or if there are factory faults that cause it to not function. In order to keep warranties valid, all installations, repairs, and maintenance services should be conducted by a professional that is licensed and trained. If you attempt to install the air conditioner yourself then you will void the warranty which means if something goes wrong, you will not be protected.
- Professional advice – Another thing that you could benefit from when you hire a professional like One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas, TX then you get their professional advice. Air conditioner technicians know a lot about air conditioners and they will be able to give your information that you might not be able to find online. They will also be able to recommend which brand, size, and type of air conditioner. They will also do all the planning so that your air conditioner installation occurs in the most efficient way possible.
- Proper installation – A professional air conditioning service provider will be able to install all the different components of the air conditioning system. They will also test to see if all the components are working and working together to cool down the air of your home. They will also have all the tools needed to install the various components and connect them together.
- Peace of mind – If you attempt to install an air conditioner yourself then you need to do a lot of research. You have to find out where the components go, how to install them, and how to connect them. You will also have to learn how certain tools work. If you hire a professional then you just have to hire a professional, set up an appointment, and take the advice of your technician. This way you will also have peace of mind because you know the installation will be done properly.
Steps to Follow Before Hiring Air Conditioner Installation Services.
Know Your HVAC Needs
Before you hire a Dallas, TX professional, you should make sure that you know what you want. You should consider how your current air conditioner is dealing with the capacity of your home. You should think about whether or not you need a bigger air conditioner or if the size is adequate. You should also determine if you want a system that just cools the air or if you want one that will also be able to heat it up. You should know what your budget is. The air conditioner unit is expensive but you also have to take into consideration what the cost of installation would be. You should think about how important energy efficiency is to you because this might influence the type of model that you will end up getting.
Know the Types of Air Conditioners
After you know what you are looking for you should learn about the different types of air conditioners that you could choose from. There are five different types of air conditioners that you could choose from. It is also important to listen to the advice of a professional before you make your decision.
The type of air conditioner that will be discussed is the portable air conditioning unit. As the name suggests this air conditioner can be moved from room to room. The compressor and evaporator coil can be found in a metal casing that has wheels on the bottom. It also has a pipe that you should put outside the window. This pipe or tube will expel the hot air that it has removed from the indoor air. These units come in different sizes and they could be a great addition if you do not want to have to deal with air conditioner installation as they do not need to be installed. All you need to do is plug it in and place the tube outside the window.
The next type of air conditioner that you could choose is a window unit. The way this unit works is by using the outside air and cooling it down before it makes its way into your home. These window units are great for when you want to cool down a small room or one room at a time. They are also portable so that you are able to remove them and put them in a different room. They fit standard-sized windows but is important that you make sure you know how to attach them so that there are no leaks for hot air to get into the room. You could ask your air conditioning service provider to show you how to attach it properly.
Central air conditioners
The third unit that will be discussed is central air conditioning. This is one of the more popular air conditioners on the market because it can cool the whole house or building. This is quite a large system and it has some outdoor components such as the compressor which expels the heat that is absorbed from the air inside your Dallas, TX home. Inside the home, there will be a blower that pushes the cooled air through the ducts and into your home. There are electric and gas models available for these types of air conditioners. If your home has never had a central air conditioning system then you should prepare yourself for some construction since they will need to install ducts.
The fourth type of system that you could choose when you are considering air conditioner installation is the mini-split system. These air conditioners are similar as they have both indoor and outdoor components. The main difference is that a mini-split system has tubing instead of ductworks. Just like the central air conditioner, the mini-split system also comes in models powered by gas or electricity. This air conditioner could be a great option if you want to avoid construction.
The last type of air conditioner that will be discussed in this article is the heat pump. This convenient system will be able to cool and heat your home as the weather changes throughout the year. If your home does not have ducts and you are wary of having them installed then a heat pump could be a great option for you. Not only do they cool the room when it is warm but they can also heat up the room when it is cold.
Know the Size
Once you decide you want a new air conditioner, you should hire a professional to inspect your home. During this inspection, the air conditioning service provider will assess the size and layout of your home, energy efficiency level, your air conditioning needs, and your budget. They will suggest which air conditioner type and size would be the best option for your home. You should take into consideration the square footage of your home to determine the size of your air conditioner. If you have a lot of windows that get sun the majority of the time then you might want to consider upgrading your windows, along with hiring a professional for air conditioner installation.
Things to Do During Air Conditioner Installation
Once you have chosen the type, size, brand, and model of your air conditioner and you have chosen a company like One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas, TX to carry out the air conditioner installation then you can start preparing your home. There are a few things that you can do to make sure the installation is successful. Firstly it is best to make sure that the areas where the various components need to be installed are cleaned and all obstacles are removed from the area. It is also best to make sure that the route the air conditioner technician will follow through your home is free of obstructions. Secondly, you can make sure that the furniture is out of the way and covered by a cloth or plastic covering to prevent them from being dirty or damaged. Thirdly, you should make sure that all pets and children will not be in the way of the technicians while they are busy with the air conditioner installation.
Things to Do After Air Conditioner Installation
Now that the air conditioner was installed successfully by the service provider there are a few things that you can do to maintain your unit. Regular maintenance will increase the lifespan of your air conditioner and it will need less frequent repairs. Firstly, you should make sure that all the vents are clean and free from dust. This will prevent dust from being circulated in your home or ending up in your ducts. This will also increase the efficiency of the system. Secondly, you should have a professional clean your system at least once a year to make sure that the dust does not impact the function of your air conditioner. Thirdly you should monitor the humidity in your home. This will prevent damp conditions that would lead to mold and mildew. Fourthly, you should have a licensed professional do regular maintenance on your system to ensure that it is always working optimally. This is the best way to make the most of your air conditioner installation in the long run.
These are all of the most important things that you should be aware of when you are thinking about air conditioner installation. If you have decided on the size, type, and model of the air conditioner then you should look for a service provider that can carry out the air conditioner installation. One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas, TX could be the perfect company to assist you with the air conditioner installation. They will also be able to keep your air conditioner in working order for the long as they provide a wide range of air conditioning services.
Call One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas today for all your air conditioning needs.