Photo By KatarzynaBialasiewicz at istock
Do you know that shade can significantly improve your cooling system’s efficiency and extend its lifespan? Imagine if your air conditioning system is exposed to direct sunlight — it’s going to run longer, and it will get hotter. It’s inefficient and may cost you more energy in the long run. In addition, it can also shorten the lifespan of your air conditioning units. Eventually, you may have to get an air conditioning service repair in Dallas, TX, and possibly have to replace your AC unit too. To ensure lower bills and less air conditioning service repairs, consider installing shade to protect your air conditioner.
How the AC Performs Efficiently With the Shade
The air conditioner is equipped with a compressor unit that helps in keeping your home cooler and comfortable. When this malfunctions, it may cost you a fortune in air conditioning service repairs. You can avoid frequent repairs and other issues with your cooling system by putting it in the shade. It will also perform at its peak when it’s situated with a good and reliable shaded location. However, make sure that it’s placed in an area with a lot of space and airflow around it. Otherwise, the efficiency will be affected when the space or airflow is compromised. Eventually, it will end up with you calling a technician in Dallas, TX, for air conditioning service repairs.
So how does the shade help your air conditioner’s compressor? You can eliminate strain on the compressor when you keep it away from direct sunlight. If your AC doesn’t have any shade and is constantly exposed to heat, please contact a technician in Dallas, TX, today for assistance.
Shading Can Help You Save Energy and Money
When your air conditioner is constantly exposed to direct sunlight, it’s going to work harder to produce cool air for your home. Eventually, this can lead to higher energy bills and frequent air conditioning service repairs.
You can protect the AC unit by installing shade, and it can even provide shade for some areas of your home. That means that your air conditioner won’t have to work harder. As a result, you get to save energy and money in the long run. Most importantly, you get also to avoid costly air conditioning service repairs.
How Do You Shade the Air Conditioner
Shade can protect your air conditioner and help you save energy. However, you need also to make sure that you’re doing it correctly. Contact a professional in Dallas, TX, if you need assistance.
Knowing Which Side to Install the AC Is Important
If you don’t have an air conditioning service yet, consider speaking with a technician on the best spot to position your AC. We recommend that you place it on the north side of your house because that’s where it gets lots of shade. Avoid putting it on the south side of the sun will beat down on your air conditioning unit.
Homeowners in Dallas, TX, who are thinking of getting an air conditioning service, must work with a trusted and reliable technician to install your new unit. Qualified technicians can also provide you with helpful tips on keeping the efficiency of your air conditioning systems. Please reach out to One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating, for we have licensed and highly skilled technicians who work incredibly hard to delight customers on every appointment.
Consider Planting Trees Around the Unit
When you already have an air conditioning service for your home but it’s on the south side, consider planting trees or shrubs that can withstand direct sunlight for the entire day. And do make sure that there is enough space around your air conditioning unit for airflow.
If you have yet to install an AC on the north side of your home, then choose plants that can thrive in the shade. And again, ensure that there is enough space around the AC for proper airflow. Otherwise, it’s going to affect the efficiency of your air conditioning system. Your AC will have to work harder, which will eventually lead to higher bills and frequent air conditioning service repairs.
Install an Awning Over the Outdoor Unit
Do you have a window-type air conditioner in your home? Then ensure that you add an awning over your windows to increase the efficiency of your air conditioning unit. Installing it can block off the heat and prevent it from entering your home. Most importantly, it provides enough shade to your air conditioner unit.
Keep the Outdoor AC Unit Free From Vegetation
If you’re planning to plant trees or shrubs around your air conditioning unit, please make sure that it doesn’t block the airflow around it. As much as possible, maintain at least 2 feet of open space around the AC unit. In addition, debris or leaves may clog the AC, making it very inefficient. You need to also keep in mind that mold can also grow especially when there’s condensation. So be careful when planting and make sure that you get air conditioning service maintenance regularly to ensure that your cooling system is still in excellent shape.
More Tips to Improve the AC’s Efficiency
Besides cleaning and replacing the filters every two to three months, there are other ways to improve the efficiency of your air conditioning system. The tips below can help you lower energy bills and avoid air conditioning service repairs.
- Keep the curtains closed during the day. Your air conditioning system will not work harder if you prevent the heat of the sun from entering your home. You can block off the sun by closing the blinds or the curtains. If possible, get blackout curtains as it’s more effective in blocking off direct sunlight. You can expect lower energy bills and get to avoid frequent air conditioning service repairs when you don’t strain the AC system.
- Repair any air leaks. If you decide to get air conditioning service or already have an air conditioning unit installed, please make sure that you find and fix air leaks as soon as possible. Cooled air will only escape through the air leaks, and your AC will also work hard to keep you cool and comfortable. It may eventually lead to frequent air conditioning service repairs and higher bills. In addition, check the insulation of your home, the attic and the basement. You can save more energy and extend the lifespan of your system when your home is completely sealed.
- Regularly clean the vents. Clean air can significantly improve the efficiency of your air conditioning system and also extend its lifespan. So make sure that you vacuum the vents and keep them free from debris or dust. Contact an air conditioning service technician if you need assistance.
- Ensure it has refrigerant. You may need the help of a licensed technician to help you find out if your air conditioner has enough refrigerant. There are signs to watch out for if your unit doesn’t have enough refrigerant. Contact a technician right away if your unit isn’t cooling your home efficiently, as the culprit could be either refrigerant leaks or the unit is simply low on refrigerant. Please act immediately, or it will strain your unit and may lead to costly air conditioning service repairs.
Improving Your Home’s Ventilation
Good ventilation can remove unhealthy stale air from your home and replace it with clean and natural fresher air. It’s essential to have proper ventilation in your home as it makes you feel comfortable, and you won’t have to keep turning on the AC. It doesn’t just improve the indoor air quality, but it also saves you money in the long run.
What Are the benefits of good ventilation systems?
There’s no need to always turn on the air conditioner when your home has excellent ventilation. This means that you won’t have to strain your AC — you save energy and money as a result. Below are the other benefits of having proper ventilation in your homes:
When your home is too hot, turning on the AC isn’t the only thing you can do to keep your home a little cooler. Work on your home’s ventilation to significantly improve the temperature in your home. In addition, having a good ventilation system also reduces condensation, which can eventually lead to mold. Contact a professional if you need assistance with this.
Gets Rid of Viruses and Other Pollutants
Ventilation can remove stale air, which means it can also eliminate pollutants and other viruses inside your living spaces. And you’ll always be comfortable when your home has proper ventilation. You will feel comfortable even without turning on the air conditioner.
Bringing Fresher Air to Your Living Spaces
It’s important to have proper ventilation to extend the lifespan of your AC and avoid costly air conditioning service repairs in Dallas, TX. Below are some tips for improving your home’s ventilation:
- Open the doors and windows to let fresh air into your homes. You can either open them wide or slightly open them — it doesn’t matter so long as you can let the fresh air in. Just make sure that you don’t turn on the air conditioner, or your unit will work hard when you open the doors and windows.
- Install ceiling fans to improve the airflow in your rooms. Ensure that you also have exhaust fans both in the kitchen and bathroom to help remove stale air in those areas.
Why It’s Important to Use the Right Filters
If household members are suffering from allergies and other respiratory issues, we recommend that you buy specialized filters for your cooling system. As much as possible, get filters with a higher MERV rating to ensure that they can eliminate even the tiniest particles in the air.
Consider getting HEPA filters, UV filters, or pleated filters as they effectively remove contaminants in the air. Ensure it’s also correctly installed to avoid problems down the road, and follow the manufacturer’s recommendation in cleaning and replacing the filters.
Should You Get Air Purifiers?
Another way to improve your home’s indoor air quality is by getting an air purifier. So what does it do? An air purifier effectively removes contaminants and dust in the air, making your air cleaner and safer to breathe. You may consider getting this in addition to choosing a specialized filter for your home.
However, while an air purifier can remove mold spores, it’s not used to eliminate the source of mold. You’ll need to get a professional to help you eliminate mold.
When running the air purifier, ensure that you follow the manufacture’s instructions. But, don’t worry, they are safer to use. And they are highly effective at cleaning your home’s air and protecting you against harmful contaminants and viruses.
Benefits of air purifiers include:
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduced airborne contaminants and viruses
- Decreased allergy symptoms
- Reduced unpleasant smells
- Less pollen
With good indoor air quality, your AC won’t have to work harder. As a result, you get lower energy bills and fewer AC repairs. If you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact a technician near you.
We are an established HVAC company in Dallas, TX, dedicated and committed to providing top-notch air conditioning services to all homeowners and businesses. There’s no problem we can’t resolve, for we have a team of licensed and highly skilled technicians that know what they are doing. We work hard, and our HVAC truck is fully equipped to help us resolve the issue on the same day. Also, we offer emergency repair services because we care about serving you. In addition to air conditioning, we also provide heating services! Contact us today for an appointment.