Anybody who lives in The Colony, TX, knows all about hot humid Texas summers. To make life bearable in temperatures that are often above 90 degrees you need a reliable air conditioner. Should the unit break down you need to be able to call on the services of a trustworthy AC repair company. But are not all AC companies reliable?
The short answer is no. Not all AC repair companies are open 24/7. It is not always easy to find somebody to repair your AC unit on holidays or weekends. If you have been unfortunate to have your AC unit breakdown late at night you know how difficult it is to find a repair service.
Not every AC repair company has assembled a highly trained team of professional technicians who can deal with AC repair, maintenance, and installation on most types of air conditioners.
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas City has. Our team is ready at all hours of the day or night to help with any emergency. Our workmanship is of the highest standards and at affordable prices.
So How Does an Air Conditioner Work?
A fan extracts warm air from your room and blows it across evaporator coils. The liquid coolant that flows through the coil absorbs the heat from the air and cool air is now blown back into the room. The liquid coolant now changes into a hot gas after absorbing the heat from the air. Warm air can carry more moisture than colder air, so the cooler air will be less humid.
The coolant is pumped around the AC unit by the compressor, and now the hot gas is pumped outside your home to the condenser. The condenser is surrounded by cooling fins and together they radiate the heat to the outside air.
The gas now changes back into a cold liquid and continues its journey back to the evaporator coils and the process continues. The moisture from the warm air is collected in a pan and flows outside your home through an AC drain line.
Frequent Problems with Air Conditioners
Air conditioners are normally very robust but will occasionally break down. There are many common problems with air conditioners that you should be on the lookout for to avoid an expensive AC repair.
- Do the Evaporator Coils have Frost and Ice Forming on Them? – The evaporator coils will need a constant supply of warm air blown over them to work effectively. Anything that interferes with this will cause the coil to freeze over.
- The Coils Need to be Cleaned Regularly – to prevent a dirt layer from forming, as the dirt acts as an insulating layer reducing the rate at which heat is transferred from the warm air to the coil.
- Are Your Air Filters Dirty? – When was the last time you checked your air filters or cleaned the intake grille on your air conditioner? Dirty air filters restrict the airflow over the evaporator coils and need to be replaced regularly.
- Don’t Ignore these Issues Because the Evaporator Coil Will Start to Freeze Over – as it does the other components in the air conditioner will have to work harder to compensate. Since they are working harder, they could overheat and burn out, so needing replacing and an expensive AC repair.
- Are Your Energy Bills Larger Than Usual? – As your components in the air conditioner are working harder, then they use more electricity and so your energy bills will be higher.
- Are the Condenser and cooling fins covered in moss? – Moss and weeds can also grow on the condenser and fins. This will restrict the air blown over them and further reduce their efficiency.
- Are the Fans Making Strange Noises – The fans play a vital part in the operation of the air conditioner. One fan will blow warm air over the evaporator coil, and another blows the outside air over the condenser and cooling fins. Any problems with the fans will reduce the airflow and cause the air conditioners components to work harder, increasing the risk of an AC repair and driving up your energy bills.
- Do You Smell Coolant? – Your system needs an optimal level of coolant to work effectively. Less coolant will mean less cooling. If you can detect a sweet, chloroform-like smell you may have a coolant leak and need an AC Repair.
- Are Your Air Ducts Damaged? – Have you noticed any gaps between the joints of your air duct or any other damage? It has been estimated that up to 30% of an air conditioner’s energy will be wasted then cool air escapes through gaps in damaged ductwork. Not only does this result in larger energy bills but dirt and pollen in the ducts will enter your home.
Many of these problems can be eliminated by having your air conditioner regularly serviced. A service from One Hour will include replacing dirty air filters, cleaning the inside of the air conditioner, topping up coolant levels, cleaning the evaporator coils and condenser, checking the electrical connections, and many other checks. Some of these jobs you can do yourself, but if you have not got the time or do not feel confident enough then leave it to a technician from One Hour Heating and Air.
Why Choose One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas City of The Colony, TX?
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas takes huge pride in delivering quality and affordable air conditioning services to our local community around The Colony, TX.
If you need an AC repair, you want somebody reliable around quickly to sort the problem out. We understand that your family’s health is at risk when the air conditioner is down, and we promise that one of our highly trained technicians will be around ASAP! Remember we are” Always on time or you don’t pay a dime.”