The ductwork carries heated and cooled air from your HVAC system to all the rooms in your home. They mainly consist of two things: the vents and the ducts. Vents are the points at which the cooled or heated air enters your home. It’s important to keep them clean at all times to optimize airflow. The ducts are the passages through which the cooled and heated air from your HVAC unit reaches your home. You will likely see them on walls or ceilings in most homes. Get an emergency heating and AC repair service in Dallas, TX, if you need help with your ductwork.
Some homeowners think the ductwork doesn’t really need maintenance since it’s out of view. Please keep in mind that clean ductwork can help lower your energy bills and improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system.
Dangers of Dirty Air Ducts
The accumulation of dirt, dust, and mold in the ductwork can affect your indoor air quality. Cleaning chemicals, condensation in the ductwork, and cigarette smoke can affect the air ducts and may contribute to getting higher energy bills. If you suspect the ductwork needs professional cleaning, please get an emergency heating and AC repair service today. We have professional technicians highly experienced with cleaning and repairing ductwork. Simply contact us at your earliest convenience and we are more than happy to come to your location.
Benefits of Air Duct Cleaning
When the ductwork is dirty, harmful particles may find their way into your living spaces, potentially causing health issues, especially to those already suffering from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues. By cleaning the ductwork, you can prevent allergens and other bacteria from entering your home. Professional duct cleaning can also reduce your energy bill by up to 40 percent, helping you save money.
Also, when there is no dirt buildup in the ductwork, your HVAC system will not have to work harder. You can avoid calling an emergency heating and AC repair service technician in Dallas, TX.
While cleaning the ductwork can help, please don’t neglect professional HVAC maintenance too. It’s not just enough to clean the ductwork, you must make sure that the entire HVAC system, including the filters are clean and in top shape. If you need assistance with this, feel free to get an emergency heating and AC repair service in Dallas, TX, today. Our team of licensed and highly skilled technicians is more than happy to help you with any HVAC-related concerns. We can help with repairs, major installations, and maintenance.
Should You Clean the Ductwork by Yourself?
To save money, some homeowners prefer to clean the ductwork on their own. While they can use a vacuum cleaner to clean out the ducts, it may not be enough especially when there is pest contamination or mold growth.
When removing the mold, you have to make sure it’s completely gone. Otherwise, it will come back and you will have an even bigger problem.
You can save time and money by calling an emergency heating and air conditioning repair service. Our technicians are equipped with the right tools and experience to help us properly clean the ductwork. We can also help repair leaks or insulate the ductwork to maximize your savings and to ensure that your heating and cooling system are in excellent shape.
How Often to Clean the Ductwork
While it’s not required to clean the ductwork every year, we do recommend checking it from time to time, to ensure there are no leaks or pest infestation. You might want to also check the ductwork when your home is unusually dusty.
For professional cleaning, the idea is to get it cleaned every three to five years if there are no other issues. Otherwise, get an emergency heating and AC repair service for a ductwork inspection.
Condensation Buildup in the Ductwork
When the air ducts are either dripping or sweating, that means there is a condensation buildup in the ductwork. This usually occurs in humid conditions or when there is not enough insulation in the air ducts. We suggest getting an emergency heating and AC repair service to help with this.
You need to also be careful during summer and when water drips from the ducts. Excess moisture can lead to damage and mold growth. And you should avoid it if you don’t want to pay for costly emergency heating and AC repair services.
You can stop duct sweat by making sure they are properly insulated. Having good insulation separates the moisture in the humid air from the cool air through the ductwork, reducing condensation in the air ducts. Should you need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact an emergency heating and AC repair service technician in Dallas, TX.
What to Do When Your Home Is Dusty
Dust coming from pet hair, dead skin cells, or other materials can accumulate in the air ducts. When not addressed right away, dust can attract dust mites and bacteria to the air ducts. And this buildup can get blown out into your living space through the vents. Do something about this by calling an emergency heating and AC repair service technician in Dallas, TX, for assistance.
While it’s impossible to completely eliminate dust, you can always reduce it by making sure your home is clean and tidy. Use microfiber dusters as they are effective at trapping dust. Vacuums with HEPA filters also help. Also, make sure that you regularly replace your filters to avoid other issues with the air ducts and your HVAC system. Remember, a buildup of dust will also make your heating and cooling system work harder, leading to costly emergency heating and AC repair service down the road.
When you have been cleaning your home and regularly replacing the air filters, yet it still feels dusty, it may be time to call an emergency heating and AC repair service technician for air duct cleaning.
Signs It’s Time to Clean the Ductwork
Contact a professional when you see these warning signs:
Mold Growth – Sometimes, it can be difficult to determine when there is mold growth. Because some sections of your heating and cooling system may not be accessible, it may be best to call a professional for an inspection. Also, a substance may look like it’s mold, but it’s not. Only a professional can help you determine if there is mold growth and help you resolve the problem.
Also, when the insulation in the air ducts got wet and moldy, you can no longer clean them. Instead, they should be completely removed and replaced. Otherwise, mold will only regrow. It’s crucial to hire the right professionals because when mold isn’t properly removed, it can grow back and damage your ductwork.
Excessive Dust – As mentioned earlier, call a professional when you notice that your home is excessively dusty and you have already cleaned your living spaces. Seeing rodents and insects in the ductwork are also signs it’s time to get it professionally cleaned.
HVAC Maintenance Checklist
Apart from cleaning the ductwork, it’s just as important to make sure your heating and cooling system is well-maintained. One of its benefits is that you can avoid costly emergency heating and AC repair service in Dallas, TX. Use this guide to help you maintain the efficiency of your HVAC unit. Also, don’t forget to call an emergency heating and AC repair service technician for a tune-up at least a month before winter and summer.
How to maintain your HVAC:
- Use high-efficiency filters to trap even the tiniest particles in the air. Consider investing in HEPA, UV Lights or pleated filters to trap tiny particles. If you need help with installation, please don’t hesitate to contact an emergency heating and AC repair service technician in your area.
- While you don’t have to replace the filters every month, it’s best to check them and replace them when dirty. Otherwise, change the filter every 90 days. Dirty filters can affect airflow and the efficiency of your heating and cooling system. In some cases, it may even result in a sudden breakdown. You want to avoid calling an emergency heating and AC repair service technician because repairs can be expensive. When replacing the filters, always follow the manufacturer’s recommendation to avoid other problems. You can always contact them if you have questions or call one of our emergency heating and AC repair service technicians.
- If there are unused rooms in your home, try not to completely close the air registers as that will put more strain on your HVAC system. Just partially close them to direct the heated or cooled air where you need it most. Remember, when the HVAC system works harder, that could reduce its lifespan and increase the chances of calling for emergency heating and AC repair service.
- In addition to replacing dirty filters, clean the outdoor unit as well. Make sure there are no grass clippings, pollen, or leaves blocking the area. Also, it’s important to have at least two feet of clearance on the units and that they are level on the platform or ground. If you need help with this, don’t hesitate to contact an emergency heating and AC repair service.
- Inspect the insulation in your home and make sure it’s enough to keep the heated or cooled air inside. When you suspect there might be a refrigerant leak, we suggest calling a technician right away for assistance.
- If you think there might be possible issues with your heating and cooling system, please don’t postpone getting any repairs or maintenance. You can avoid a more costly repair by getting help immediately.
- Schedule a routine checkup so that a technician can check for any possible issues that may progress into serious problems. Getting an inspection ensures that your system is in top shape and it also avoids emergency repairs.
- For the air conditioner, make sure to clean the coils because they can collect dirt. And dirty coils can affect the efficiency of your air conditioning unit. The coils have to be regularly checked for any dents or bents. You may consider buying a fin comb to straighten out any bent fins or contact a technician in your area for assistance.
- Your air conditioning unit is also equipped with drains and you need to also check this to avoid excess moisture that can discolor your carpet or walls. When in doubt about what you’re doing, always contact a technician.
Contact One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas
Do you need an emergency heating and AC repair service technician in Dallas, TX, for air duct cleaning? We can help! One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas has a team of licensed and experienced professionals that can professionally clean and repair leaks in your ductwork. We have the right tools to help us carry out the job. Also, we are fully equipped, to ensure that any issue that comes up is taken care of on the same day.
We have been helping out homeowners and businesses for several years, and still counting. Our goal is to ensure that you are completely satisfied with our services. We can achieve this only by providing exceptional and top-notch services on every appointment. When cleaning the ductwork, we adhere to cleaning procedures that protect you, your family, your home, and your pets from any contamination. Also, we comply with the proper standards for cleaning the air ducts.
When you choose One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas, we will inspect the entire system first before proceeding. We will make sure the carpets and furnishings are protected during the cleaning. Our team only uses HEPA vacuuming equipment to effectively remove dust and other particles in the air. If there are any holes or leaks in the ductwork, we will work hard to completely seal these. Most importantly, we are fully insured and licensed. Call us today for an appointment.