Photo By skhoward at istock
Air Duct Cleaning denotes the removal of contaminants and dust from the ductwork. The process involves cleaning supply and return air ducts, the registers and diffusers in the entire house. The process involves using potent vacuums that whisk away debris and dust from the houses and hinder it from recirculating again in the house.
Cleaning air ducts is an essential part of improving indoor air quality. If your HVAC system is not maintained and operated as required, dust and pollen and other related debris accumulate in the system and affect the heating and cooling system’s efficiency. The presence of moisture in the ducts may also result in mold growth and the release of spores that cause allergic reactions to your family members.
Although different service providers use different methods to clean air ducts, the process involves using specialized tools and equipment to dislodge dust and debris from the ducts and vacuum them out. The air duct cleaning company may also use biocides to eradicate contaminants in the ductwork. They may also recommend applying encapsulants or sealants to cover the air ducts’ interior surfaces from releasing dust and the growth of mold in the ducts.
How Often Should I Get My Ducts Cleaned?
Even if you’re using the best air filters in your ducts, they’ll collect dust and debris. This means you’ll need to engage a reputable company that offers air ducts cleaning services to handle the task. If your home is in a dusty or windy place or any other environment with high pollution, your dust and debris accumulation problems will most likely be higher.
These particles may clog the system or affect the air quality in your house. That’s why air ducts cleaning services are that important to homeowners. Typically, if you experience severe allergies due to dust, pollen or other contaminants in the air, your air ducts should be cleaned once or twice a year. On the other hand, if you don’t suffer any allergies, you can take even up to three years without seeking air duct cleaning services.
It’s also essential to procure air duct cleaning services any time your home faces a residential fire or after some construction works in your residence, or any other process that may lead to dust accumulation in your air ducts. If you live in Richardson, TX, you can contact us for professional air duct cleaning.
How Long Does Air Duct Cleaning Service Take?
On average, our air duct cleaning services take between two to three hours and may take longer considering the size of your home and the HVAC system installed. For instance, if your home comprises several floors, the air duct cleaning process may take longer.
Other factors that may determine the procedure’s duration include the number of registers in your home and the amount of dust and debris in the system. When looking for air duct cleaning services in Richardson, TX, it’s vital to pick a National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) certified service provider to ensure they do an excellent and thorough job.
What Are the Upsides of Cleaning Your Air Ducts?
Air ducts in your home play a crucial task in ensuring air circulates efficiently in your residence and that your house stays properly conditioned at all times. It’s quite important to ensure your system is ever clean because it impacts the quality of the air you breathe. In this respect, it’s advisable to seek professional air duct cleaning services from a trusted service provider in Richardson, TX. Here are some of the upsides of cleaning your air ducts.
Your registers and air duct accumulate dust and grime over time, and this reduces their efficiency. When the air supply is limited, your system will have to work harder to achieve the expected results. If your air ducts are clean, the HVAC unit will work efficiently throughout the year.
A Better Living Environment
When dust accumulates in your air ducts, it’ll settle in your furniture and other assets in your home. If you suffer allergies due to dust, you’ll have a hard time in your house. That’s why it’s crucial to seek air duct cleaning services from a reputable cleaning company. Removing dust from these ducts will make your home in Richardson, TX, clean and more comfortable.
Minimizing Irritants in the Air
As mentioned above, when your HVAC system is working, and huge amounts of dust accumulate in the ducts, the dust and other contaminants in the debris will circulate in your entire home. These contaminants include bacteria, mildew, pet dander and pollen. If your family members inhale these contaminants frequently, it can result in allergies and other health issues. Cleaning your air ducts regularly is the best way to minimize the contaminants in the air you breathe in your home.
Better Air Quality
When you breathe air in a place with lots of contaminants, you inhale these substances, placing a huge risk on your lungs and increasing your chances of developing respiratory problems. If your air ducts are always clean, you improve the air quality in your house and the chances of these contaminants triggering coughing, sneezing, and other respiratory problems are minimized. When your air ducts are clean, you have sufficient clean air to breathe in your home.
Removing Smells and Odors
Your home has a unique smell. Cleaning agents, pets, food, paint fume, and diffusers are some of the substances that contribute to the smell in your home. Dust particles and other debris in your air ducts, including molds, can add odor and smell to the air you breathe. That’s why you should adopt a routine of cleaning the ducts regularly.
Extends Your HVAC System’s Lifespan
Your HVAC system must work harder to circulate air evenly in your home if the air ducts have lots of dust and debris. Fortunately, if your unit is properly maintained and cleaned, your HVAC system will not have to overwork to heat to cool your home. This means its lifespan will be prolonged because its motor will experience less wear and tear.
Lower Electricity Bills
The presence of dust, dirt, and debris in your air ducts causes the system to overwork. While doing its job, your HVAC system will use more power than expected, and this will increase your monthly electricity bills. Cleaning your air ducts regularly will ensure your power bills remain lower always. If you notice an unexplained increase in your energy usage, consult a reputable air duct cleaning company in Richardson, TX, to inspect your unit.
Diagnosing Bigger Issues
If you regularly seek air duct cleaning services from a trustworthy service provider, they may discover larger problems in your HVAC system that may be disastrous. For instance, the technicians may detect potential leaks and correct them before they affect your system’s efficiency.
Keeping Rodents and Insects at Bay
Rodents, pests, and insects like hiding in the HVAC system. Unfortunately, the accumulation of these uninvited guests can affect your system’s efficiency in addition to spreading diseases to your loved ones. Cleaning your air ducts helps to control the buildup of insects and rodents in your home.
Signs Showing Your Air Ducts Need to Be Cleaned
The buildup of dust, dirt, and debris in your duct has many ill effects, as highlighted above. When you notice the following signs, it’s an indication that you need to seek air duct cleaning services from a reliable service provider in Richardson, TX:
- Presence of Mold in Your HVAC System: Although your HVAC system may be cleaned and maintained as recommended by your heating and cooling service provider, mold may still grow in your unit, especially if you reside in a humid climate. If you detect mold in your system, call a mold expert to assess the situation and recommend the appropriate solution. The presence of mold in your air conditioner, or furnace, may not mean your air ducts are infested but a warning sign that the ducts need cleaning.
- A Major Renovation: If you have a major construction project in your home or you’re doing some renovations, debris and dust will buildup in your HVAC system. After your project is over, it’s essential to procure air duct cleaning services to ensure your ducts are clean and the air flows freely in and out of your home.
- Unending Dust in Your Home: If your house is ever dusty even after a thorough cleaning, it’s high time to inspect your supply and return vents to see if they’re dusty and dirty. If this is the case, contact us immediately, and we’ll be glad to offer our exceptional air duct cleaning services
- Increased Heating and Cooling Costs: If you find out your heating and cooling bills are increasing month after month, you should engage a professional air ducts cleaning company in Richardson, TX, to assess your unit and see if the problem results from clogged or extremely dusty ducts. If so, we’ll do a thorough cleanup of your system to eliminate any dust and debris in your system. If your ductwork is dusty, air can’t flow freely in your home, and your HVAC system must work harder to maintain the right conditions in your house. This will lead to increased energy usage.
- Poor Airflow: When dirt and debris accumulate in your ductwork, it leads to restricted airflow and increased stress on your HVAC system. Also, you’ll discover that air no longer circulates as efficiently as it used to before. This is a strong sign that you need to seek air duct cleaning services.
- Pest Droppings: It’s essential to have regular inspections for your air ducts to check if there are pests or rodent droppings in the system. If you notice these droppings, it’s an indication that these pests and rodents have infested your ducts. These organisms can also affect your family members, including spreading diseases and triggering allergies. If you discover rodent droppings in your HVAC, contact us immediately, and we’ll send a team of skilled air duct cleaners to address your issue.
- Duct Obstruction: If your HVAC ductwork is filled with dust and debris, you need to seek air duct cleaning services from a trustworthy company to address the issue via a thorough cleaning of the system.
- Unexplained Allergies: If you have a loved one who is experiencing allergies and you’ve tried all other remedies, and they have failed, you can consider cleaning your air ducts to see if the conditions come to an end.
How to Pick an Air Duct Cleaning Service Provider in Richardson, TX
When you discover any of the signs we’ve discussed above in your air ducts, it’s essential to seek air duct cleaning services from a reliable service provider through the following process:
- Ask for quotes from different service providers in your area. After receiving the quotes, compare them and pick the company that meets your needs, including the budget.
- Ensure the service provider is NADCA-certified. This means the company follows NADCA standards when doing their work.
- The selected air duct cleaning service provider should provide a free inspection to determine if your ducts need cleaning.
- Check the company’s BBB rating to ensure you get quality services.
- Sign a contract before the air duct cleaning process starts.
Request Our Air Duct Cleaning Services Today!
As discussed above, air duct cleaning services help minimize your power bills, enhance indoor air quality, reduce insects and rodent infestation, and diagnose bigger issues in your HVAC system. If you suspect your air duct system is clogged, contact us at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas now for a thorough inspection of your home in Richardson, TX, to determine the best solution for your case.
For many years, we’ve been offering high-quality air duct cleaning services and the surrounding areas. We have a trained and highly experienced team of technicians who are always ready to respond to your emergencies. Besides, we are NADCA–certified. Our experts will restore proper airflow in your home and leave your loved ones breathing clean air and living in a healthier environment. Our work is to ensure you live in a comfortable and healthy home.