Studies show that temperatures are rising at alarming rates all over the world. Not only are the summers getting hotter in Dallas, TX, but the temperatures as a whole are rising as well. Many people are starting to find that they need some type of relief from the heat during the spring.
The best relief is to get an air conditioner installation for your home. A good AC system can regulate the temperature inside your home, and ensure that it is at a comfortable level. You will be able to not only find relief from the heat, but you’ll also be able to lower the temperature at night when you go to sleep so you get a better quality of sleep.
Those who live in Dallas, TX are particularly in need of an AC. It’s vital that you make getting an air conditioner installation a priority. Extreme heat can lead to confusion, dizziness, and other health issues.
When it comes to an AC installation, there are just so many different options for you to choose from. There are many different types of air conditioners around, and each will be able to offer its own unique benefits and disadvantages. In this article, we will look at mini-split ductless systems in more detail.
What Are Mini Split Ductless Systems?
One of the first things that you need to consider when you’re looking at air conditioner installation is the type of AC system that is best for your home. You’ve probably already heard of the mini-split ductless system many times. It is often one of the most recommended options available. You can install this type of system whether you live in a home, in an apartment, or in a townhouse.
Unlike traditional options, mini-split ductless systems do not need any ducts. These systems use an individual fan or an evaporator unit and are capable of cooling one room at a time. The systems have two components that need to be installed: an outdoor compressor and an indoor air-handling unit.
With that said, the air conditioner installation will not take long at all. The air conditioner installation usually involves cutting a 3-inch hole through the wall for the conduit. This houses the copper tubing, the condensation drain line, and the power and communication cables. It also links the outdoor and indoor units together.
Benefits of Mini Split Ductless Systems
Traditional central AC systems usually have ducts, so they’re not always the best fit for your home. If your home doesn’t already have ducts, then it may not be the best option despite the fact that it is one of the most energy-efficient and capable systems out there.
In these situations, you might want to consider alternative AC types. Some of the benefits that mini-split ductless systems can offer include:
- Easy air conditioner installation. In comparison to central AC units, mini-split ductless systems are very easy to install. You don’t need any extensive custom ductwork and you do not need to install many components and parts. Most HVAC companies can complete this type of air conditioner installation within a day or two. It really depends on how many rooms you need the AC installed in and the complexity of the job.
- Affordability. Since these AC systems do not require any ductwork and use up minimal labor, they are much cheaper to install. The AC, themselves, are also a lot cheaper. You’ll be able to find a high-performing unit at just several hundred dollars.
- Performance. Although these AC systems are not as efficient as central HVAC units, they are still high-performing in comparison to other alternatives. In fact, mini-split ductless systems are often considered to be comparable to central HVAC systems because they only need to cool a single room. In comparison, central AC systems need to cool the entire home.
- Small size. These AC systems are also fairly small and can be mounted on the wall close to the ceiling. This makes them more aesthetically pleasing than some of the other units. They are, however, not as aesthetically pleasing as central AC units that only have vents.
This type of air conditioner installation is fairly easy to complete. Speak with a Dallas, TX HVAC company to get a better idea of how your day will look or what you need to prepare ahead of time.
Factors to Consider
Finding the right type of mini split ductless system is not easy. There are so many models and brands out there and they’re able to provide different results or able to cater to different needs. Some of the factors that you need to consider before agreeing to any type of air conditioner installation include the following.
The Size of the AC Unit
Most people underestimate the importance of ending a properly sized unit. If the unit is too large, it will end up short cycling. The AC will cool down the room to the point where the thermostat feels like it has reached the desired temperature too quickly. Once that happens, it will turn off.
However, all the air in the room has not had enough time to fully cool. This means that the air will rise too quickly once again as the temperature inside the room has not fully settled yet. This leads to short cycling, which can be very costly for your home. It will also cause the AC system to experience premature wear.
On the other hand, if the AC system is too small, it will be unable to fully cool down the entire room in an efficient way. You’ll have to work overtime in order to accomplish this, which means that you’ll be faced with high energy bills.
Features and Functionalities
Another thing to consider is whether you want any added features and functionalities or whether you want to go with the bare minimum. Getting added features and functionalities may be beneficial for your home and situation.
For example, smart technology can make your AC system a lot more efficient. You’ll be able to save a lot of money in the long run, and you’ll also be doing something that’s good for the environment as well, as this technology is very energy-efficient and eco-friendly. Some mini-split AC ductless systems come with geofencing technology, so they can track where you are. If you are close to your home, it will automatically turn the AC on, so that the temperature inside each room will be close to your ideal by the time that you get home. You also don’t have to turn the AC system off. If you leave your home, the geofencing technology can track that and automatically turn the AC off.
Another thing that should cross your mind is the type of brand that the AC comes from. The reputation of the brand is important, but one of the most important things that you need to consider is the type of warranty that they are able to offer. You’ll also need to get a better understanding of how to claim any repairs that may be needed.
Some brands produce AC units that are pricier than others. When comparing two different types of mini-split ductless AC systems, go over each feature one by one. Many brands are often able to offer similar things, but one brand may be costlier because they’re able to produce a more durable product that will require fewer repairs in the future.
When it comes to understanding the brand, you can never go wrong with reading some reviews online. See how the community perceives the brand. A brand with a better reputation may elevate the perceived value of your home.
Type of Filter
In order to remove all contaminants from the air, like dirt and bacteria, the AC relies on a filter. The type of filter that the mini-split ductless system has will influence the number of contaminants that it can remove and your air quality indoors.
There are a lot of different filters to choose from. Some of the more popular ones include:
- Pleated filters. These are some of the most common filters that you’ll find in most mini-split ductless AC systems. It’s also one of the easiest filters for the air conditioner installation company to install. It’s cheap, affordable, and can do a relatively good job. This is a great choice for those who live in areas where they don’t have to be too concerned with pollution.
- HEPA filters. These take filters to a new level. They’re able to remove most contaminants and pollutants from the air and are a great choice for those with autoimmune diseases or respiratory conditions.
- UV filters. These filters use short-wave ultraviolet light to kill microorganisms, like viruses and bacteria, in the air. They are not as great at removing other contaminants, like dirt or dust.
- Electrostatic filters. These are some of the most cost-effective options on the market at the moment. They’re usually reusable and will use static to attract pollutants and contaminants into the air. Although they’re cost-effective, they struggle to remove larger particles.
- Washable filters. Most filters are one-time use. You dump them when they get too dirty; however, there are also washable filters that are reusable. These filters are environmentally friendly and also cost-effective. They can even sometimes last for the entire life span of the HVAC system.
If you’re unsure which filter may be best suited to your needs, speak with the air conditioner installation technician. They’ll be able to walk you through the pros and cons of each option and can help you choose one that can deal with your concerns.
Last but not least, consider the amount of maintenance that the mini-split ductless AC may need. This isn’t some information that you’ll be able to easily find online although you can read some reviews written by other people.
Your best bet will be to speak with the air conditioner installation company to see what their experiences have been with the AC in question. They’ll be able to let you know whether any of their past clients have installed the same type of AC and whether they ran into any problems at a later date.
This is also a good time to schedule an annual service with the air conditioner installation company. Most air conditioner installation companies and experts will recommend getting your AC serviced every year in Dallas, TX. The service will include a thorough inspection of both the indoor and outdoor units, a quick cleaning, and also a filter change. Some air conditioner installation companies will also include minor repairs in the service. For example, they will tighten any parts that have become loose at no cost at all to you.
Call Us for Air Conditioner Installation in Dallas, TX
Getting an AC installed in your home will make the summers a lot more comfortable. It can also improve the market value of your home by quite a bit. If you plan on putting your house up for sale, you’ll notice that it is crucial that you get an AC installed in your home as soon as possible. Homes without any type of air conditioner installation tend to sell for a lower price. This is because potential buyers may be concerned about the heat.
Finding the right HVAC company to provide you with the air conditioner installation services that you need is very important. A good HVAC company will not only ensure that you have a properly sized unit, but they will also ensure that the installation is done properly, so there’s less of a chance that you’ll run into any issues in the future.
One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating of Dallas has many years of HVAC experience. Our technicians have installed every type of AC system that there is. We will be able to help you choose one that suits the architectural and structural components of your home. We will also help you determine the types of features and functionalities that you need.
Call us at 682-269-2786 if you’re looking for air conditioner installation services in Dallas, TX.